Friday, October 11, 2013

Chayote!

Found a very tasty fruit on the market: Chayote.

Cooked chayote.
When cooked, it tastes a bit like potato, but sweeter and much juicier. Kind of a crossover between potato and kohlrabi.

Chayote with seed inside.
 The vendor was sitting on the street and she was sooo nice. Telling me how her family grows the chayote in the own garden and how to prepare it etc.

I also finally found one of my favourite fruits: Cherimoya. I mean, what other adjective apart from "good" can apply to a fruit which is also known as "custard apple"?!
Cherimoya - also grown domestically in the vendor's own garden.
Well, just wanted to share this worldshaking news with you... And as I have a lot to do I leave you with some more recent pictures... Though I slightly the feeling my blog is converting into a foodie's diary... But well, you are not obliged to follow :-P

The third bagel in my life. The fact that I didn't like them in Germany, but that I love them here let's me question a bit if my taste buds after Mexican taste attacks still work properly...
Sundried tomato bagel with omelette, two types of cheese, mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes.
And we tried the new establishment of a well known pizza place - cosy!
"La Berenjena" (the eggplant)
F. (Mexico), C. (Denmark), me, R. (Japan), G. (Mexico)
Vegetarian vs. Carnivore ;-)
German-Japanese bonds :-)
See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico