Monday, November 4, 2013

Día de Muertos 2013

For Día de Muertos, Google has created a nice Doodle:

Source: Google

Here are some impressions of my Día de Muertos 2013:
The altar in our dorm. The man is the name giver of the same. Note the beautiful cut paper artwork (papel picado).

Sugar skull (calavera)

The Cempasúchil flowers are laid out in front of most houses in order to lure the deceased with the beautiful smell of the "flowers of the dead".


"Sweet"

Altar in front of a bakery


At night we went to Puebla

Public "ofrenda" (offering) in the community hall


Unfortunately, my impressions stopped very abruptly due to erm... some incidents with my stomach which forced me to rush back home. During the taxi drive back (well, the feeling to literally die also was some proper impression for Day of the Dead) my driver recommended me some "very good" food, which I definitely had to try as soon as I would have been better again. Hello?! If you don't stop talking about food you will badly regret it - or at least your car's interior ;-)

Pretty clear that the first time I get trouble with food here is exactly on such a special day... hrm but the main thing is that I'm "up and running" again - ready for further discoveries.

Have a good night and check your food...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico