Monday, December 2, 2013

First Sunday in Advent

I wish you all a happy first Sunday in Avent! Although our dorm's Christmas tree is ready since the beginning of November, I still really like it. In contrary to the trees in the other dorms, our's is much nicer as it wasn't blemished by these incredibly kitschy multi-coloured fairy lights...
Our dorm's Christmas tree - the best!
On my neighborhood's zócalo (main plaza) there was a Christmas market, which was not too Christmassy, but of course there is a church and this one was rellay awesome. Actually, I like it so much that I went two days in sequence.
Entrance to the church
 The interior is incredible - it's over and over decorated with the most beautiful flowers one can find. They are so perfect that I thought they cannot be real, but the typical smell of flowers taught me better.
Celebrating Holy Mass

Everybody went in front and kissed a holy figure

The pictures on the floor are made with little coloured stones - awesome!




 Have a nice week and enjoy Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico