Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fabian the chef

While in Germany I cook a lot and pretty costly in terms of time (and more often than not also in terms of ingredients), this changes in foreign countries.

In Thailand I didn't cook at all for 7 months, as the food was just too good. And here I'm just too lazy and drawn off from the fact that I still would have to buy so much cooking equipment. And eating out is still cheap enough to do it every day.

Up to know I own 1 cup, 1 plate, 1 spoon+fork+knife, 1 cutting knife, 2 bowls. That's it. But hey, I have I microwave, so that's how my cooking results look like when there's nobody I could go to have dinner with:
What is it? Natural Blue Tortilla Chips (packaged) with refried beans (canned and heated in the microwave), chipotle chili in sauce (canned) and some salad (bought at the dorm's canteen) with the famous Valentina sauce. And oh wonder - it's not only edible but pretty delish!
And apropos of nothing, to extend my post about different tortilla types: This is the small and deep-fried variety, made out of blue corn. The package claims that it was produced in Puebla by a small association of farmers who want to preserve this really good variety of corn, which unfortunately is on the wane.
So, I can even feel extremely social and supporting when consuming this product ;-).
Tomorrow is my fourth and final exam this week (Ética y Transparencia en los Negocios: América Latina y el Mundo) - yiha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico