As he know that I love hot sauces he asked me if I had some preferences, as he wanted to look for some new culinaric experiences while strolling around the city with his family. This is soooo nice! Indeed, I really like all of my roomies - they may have their own little idiosyncrasis, but who doesn't?!
Now, appart from his kindness it really awoke my attention when he recommended the chile chiltepín. According to Wikipedia it's the archetype of all chilis and originates from Mexico. Due to the fact that it's a wild fruit, harvesting is extremely laborious, making chiltepín one of the most expensive spices of the world.
| Source: Wikipedia |
The archetype of my beloved "fruit", with a unique taste and an oh so fresa (lit. strawberry, but in Mexico used in the sense of fancy-schmancy) image.
Official goal while living in Mexico: Find chiltepín!
No comments:
Post a Comment