Sunday, September 1, 2013

Is there anything like "too interested"?

Man, sometimes I really think I am too interested. In my ethics class we have to write a five page essay about axiology, that is the philosophical study of value.

After first doubts how I would ever be able to meaningfully fill the whole five pages I finally really had to restrain myself from writing ten (but then again, there's still some much other stuff to do). But hey, axiology just turned from a completely incomprehensible topic to a somewhat interesting sphere of interest.

Yes, my lecture might be heavily based on Wikipedia, but this time it didn't have to be perfectly scientific and moreover it's just beautiful to get lost in the broad expanse of the Wiki ocean. How did people study twenty years ago?! A cheer for modern techniques. Oh wait, is it really good? By the way, what is good? What is a value?! Hrrmm, philosophy doesn't necessarily make things easier ;-)

PS. Ah and not to forget that as a side effect I've massively extended my Spanish vocabulary on philosophical terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico