"Love" the way of Mexican recycling:
In principle there are two containers - one for food, the other for packaging... well at least kind of - even the description on the containers is a bit strange. But doesn't matter anyway, because recycling à la Mexico works like this:
Lower container = Make accessibility of upper container more convenient.
However, actually it really doesn't matter, because the cleaning squads which swarm out every day just throw everything together anyway...
Still - I thought the cleaning crew a bit exaggerated to come every single day. But you wouldn't believe how... untidy (politely spoken) Mexicans are. It's not just my flat mates, but the same in every dorm I've been so far. They just don't care of putting away anything (not even their used dishes) as they know that the next day everything will be fine again. Insane. And in my opinion also insanely rude towards the cleaning staff. But who knows how things work in Mexico. Perhaps the staff feels offended when I do the cleaning myself?! Like "Oh, this boy is not content with my work". Don't think so, but you never know.
Another fact which I "love" here is the total unconsciousness regarding electricity saving. I turn off all the lights at night, but when I go to the bathroom at 4 o'clock in the morning, I couldn't tell if it's bright sunshine or just the power of every single luminary my roomies turned on again. In the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom. Even the TV is turned on. Incredible. I think it's time to make myself a bit unpopular - let's play wise guy ;-)
This is the same way here! My suitemate and I were about to leave our apartment the other day and I asked her: "don't you want to turn off the light?" And she just replied: "well no, I usually just leave them on, that gives me a little light when I come back..." And even at night, the light just stays on. And no, not just ONE lamp, nope, all of them do! ...I'm surprised to hear that this is the same way in Mexico, I just assumed this to be such an "American thing" - I guess I was proven wrong on that one :)
ReplyDeleteP.S.: is there any way to write comments without being logged in in any of my accounts?
So sad... still a long way to go... But hey, great to hear from you!
DeleteI actually don't know if you can anonyously post a comment, but anyway I'm glad to know that it's you :-)
By the way: Your blog is muuuuch to silent :-D