As mentioned before, although my love for Mexican food keeps within pretty narrow limits there's still a lot of opportunities to get good food here.
Yesterday M. and me tried Magnolia, an Italian-inspired restaurant-bar-art-gallery-mix we wanted to try since I had discovered it during our very first days in Mexico. We didn't leave disappointed.
 |
| Entrance of Restaurante Magnolia |
 |
| ... and a bit further. |
 |
| Serrano ham and fresh tomato bruschetta. Yes, not vegetarian food, but still a nice presentation and M. assured me the good taste of the Serrano ham |
 |
| In the back: Pizza with goat's cheese, basil and once again Serrano ham. |
 |
| My hummus was not as good as when I make it at home, but since I cannot find tahin (sesame paste) in Mexico, I was still very content about the result. |
 |
| The spinach salad was awesome. Topped with soft goat's cheese, really tasty strawberries, caramelised walnuts and everything in a balsamic reduction . So good! |
No picture of my Argentinian empanada as my camera finally gave up in the face of pure darkness, but it was oh so good, too. Normally I'm not a fan of fried foods, as to me all of them just taste the same - fried. But the dough was freshly made and so soft and fluffy. The abundant filling of quark and spinach perfectly harmonised with the three types of salsas (mango, peanut+chiles de árbol, herbs+olive oil).
Huge jar of freshly made watermelon juice - refreshing!
Definitely coming back - so much more to try. And I have to take a picture of the beautifully designed menu.
Hungry?!
No comments:
Post a Comment