Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spotted: El Camotero!

Finally I spotted him personally:

Me, the sweet potato vendor.
The Camotero was a bit shy, but he explained me how to pose in front of his carrito. Now I've spotted el afilador (knife sharpener), el panadero (baker) and el camotero. And today I heard a new sound - the ice cream vendor. Aaah, love the sounds of Mexico.

As it was the birthday of one of my roomies, we were on our way to an Italian restaurant. Two other roomies of mine had already brought a birthday cake to there, so after dinner the waitress served this layered sweet made out of medium-baked chocolate dough, and caramel custard, topped with pecan nuts and coffee flavoured cream.

I was then introduced to a very funny custom: The mordida. Literally it means bribery, but at a birthday party it means (hopefully) this:




Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico