The minimum to pass a course is 75%. So when a Mexican gets exactly this grade, it's not overwhelmingly good, but nation-wide it's still what it says: 75 out of 100 points. Not too bad, especially when keeping in mind that in other universities you can pass with for example 50%. That's one reason why UDLAP is known to be a hard university.
Well, it's a totally different story for us German dual degree students. As 75% is the minimum to pass, it just translates to a 4 in German grades (1 = best, 4 = worst). That is, 90% is already not so good anymore. I don't have the exact conversion table, but I know it's not a linear conversion. As an orientation I always use:
95% = 1.5
80% = 3.5
Luckily, I still didn't need the second orientation mark, as the worst grade I got was 94. But that's what I say: If you want to get proper marks, you do have to study. Pretty much. Period.
But although there might not be the time to travel to some nice Pueblos Magicos, at least I have to time to go out with some nice friends. Enjoying student culture in tiny Cholula - yay. Have a nice Sunday. I'll go for a run on our beautiful campus (now you certainly think: "Ok, he's going out, running, writing blog - he can't study SO much". Well, you know - nights are long...).
| Out for some drinks and Asian food in Container City with P., M., A., O. (all from Mexico), R. (Japan), and me. |
See you!
No comments:
Post a Comment