Thursday, November 21, 2013

UNESCO, Salsa, and Bananas

When browsing ProMexico, a governmental site about why to invest here, I came across the fact that in terms of tourism there is a lot to see for visitors, as Mexico with its 32 sites ranks fifth in the list of countries with the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Not bad.

But what really surprised me, was the rank of Germany: Number 4, together with France, which both have a total of 38 sites. Wow. I really should start to travel in my own country. There's so much to see - UNESCO confirms it. Even the region I am from - Baden-Württemberg - already boasts 4 of these sites:
Make sure you visit these when you go there - embarrassingly I only know Reichenau Island, so far... Or did I ever go to Maulbronn?!

Anyway, it' also funny to see that such a small country like Italy is in first place, and such a colossus like China falls behind (ok, it's still on second place, though).

Looking at the heading of this post - what does this have to do with Salsa? Nothing at all, just a total change of the topic. As I attended a Salsa and Bachata dancing class this semestre, today will be our final presentation - wohoo. I think next semestre I will take the advanced course, as I really liked it.

Aaaand finally: Does anybody know the sort of bananas I have found in Zacatlán? From outside they look a bit like my beloved apple bananas. But unlike them they are not creamy on the outside and tangy inside, but this "new" sort has has a funny pink color inside and a more "profound" or tart flavour. Any guess is welcome.

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico