Saturday, June 14, 2014

Special drawings, particular roomies, rare vaccinations, beautiful churches

Drawing continues.


Recently we are also doing nude drawing, which is kind of strange, considered that there is a huge group of students sitting in a circle and staring at a nude person standing or lying in the middle.




Moreover, it's very difficult for me to draw human bodies, because any viewer will immediately notice if some proportion is not correct - which, in my drawings, is the case all the time...




And the fact that it's a human model and hence we are under time pressure doesn't make it better. I also noticed that I probably emphasize too much the body's bones, so it looks more like a cadaver rather than a healthy human. But anyway, new experiences are always welcome.




It was funny that in some of the first lessons we were drawing kind of abstract things and people saw Chinese rice fields in my picture. At least consciusly I had not thought of that, but who knows - my Asian genes (there must be some, given that Asia just feels like home to me) may come through in my drawings.

Recently we have a new roomie.



Actually I'm not even sure about his name - Brook or something - but what I know is that it's an eight- (or well, now 10)-day-old puppy living with us for some days before being carried home by one of my human roomies. Mexicans go crazy for dogs, but I also have to admit that this one really is cute.

And you won't believe it: Finally I got my yellow fever vaccination. As I said, Mexico doesn't produce the stuff by itself, so it has to be imported. Recently there was no national importer anymore, so nobody could provide me with the vaccination I'd better have for my Peru travel.

But hey, we are in Mexico - of course la palanca (to have the right connections) brings you everywhere. So, a friend who studies medicine found a doctor who gave me the shot. The only problem is that apparently it was not a certified vaccination center and hence they didn't have these yellow fever certificates I have to show as a proof in some risk areas. Honestly, I would be kind of worried having gotten this vaccination from an uncertified office, but at least it was one of Puebla's most expensive and recognized hospitals, so there can't be much wrong with that (although it was a pediatrician).

I think the verification is more important to ensure that the stuff doesn't fall into wrong hands, as it is a live vaccine.Well, at least I took the vaccine's package and a written confirmation with me, so perhaps I can get the proof still from somewhere else.

Have a nice weekend, visit some churches...

Templo de San Francisco Acatepec

Templo de San Francisco Acatepec

Templo de San Francisco Acatepec

... and don't catch a cold or (yellow) fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico