Final packing and organization, tonight is take off.
Yesterday I said goodbye to my lovely colleagues at work...
| Héctor and Héctor - direct team members. |
| The guys who ensure that our clients don't affect our healthy balance sheet... to say it in friendly terms. |
They asked me if "Mexico City treated me well"... Oh yes, it did. Actually, I'm not so keen on returning to tiny Cholula. But ok, Colombia at first is a nice deal.
Anyway, I will definitely miss the capital's diversity... although the extreme differences between social classes still make me speechless... The homeless person next to the mobile "Fluffy Shower" van for dogs? Of course! What else would you expect in a city were people beg for food, while dogs are carried to their private weight loss trainer...
Of course I will also miss the great variety of foods, which allowed me to cook all my beloved dishes and indulge in even new delicacies. I always loved nut butters, but back in Germany I had never seen pecan nut butter. How insane is this? Below, my consumption of one week - soooo good. Actually, never noticed that pecan nuts are pretty sweet, but the concentrated taste when processed into nut butter makes it obvious. Not even a splash of maple syrup needed.
Of course I will also miss the people. With H. I spent pretty much the whole weekend, but actually she left even before me to organize an event in Monterrey.
We also spotted the perfect traffic light for Mexican drivers: Put in "Please don't disturb" mode, nobody has to care about the complicated signals, but can just continue the race...
But hey - at least it makes for a nice photo spot to play around with.
Luckily, H. and I'll do some more travelling when I return from Colombia, so no prob here.
Actually, taking these pictures was also very helpful to optimize a bit the settings of my new Lumix. Especially the ISO setting should obviously not be left to the camera's discretion for night-time shots.
And as I'm a person who totally associates music and smells with a place, I'll share my "Goodbye Mexico City, hello Colombia" soundtrack with you (as smells are so difficult to share via the internet...). Enjoy!
... then a song I found in the great movie Les garçons et Guillaume, à table! ...
... and of course what I already shared before - and still so good:
No comments:
Post a Comment