After we spent Christmas at Laguna de Sontecomapan, H. and I seperated - just as previously planned - for a while: She was interested in visiting Cancún, where she would meet a friend, while I, who really cannot stand such touristic spots, headed over to Comitán.
Well, speaking of touristic places: I arrived at 4 o'clock in the morning... and did not find any hotel. Quite unusually, I already had made a reservation via phone, but ya... Mexico. My reservation, for some reason, was not registered and the hotel fully booked.
The taxi driver drove me to more than 10 different places, but all told me that there was no bed left. With quite some doubts he then carried me to a place which had a bed... or something like that. And really just a bed. There was not even a real roof. As you can see in the photos above, it was really somewhat basic. I do not need any luxury accommodations, but I do appreciate clean beds. Which in that place was totally not the case. I felt terribly dirty after just a few hours of sleep and immediately decided to stay not even one more night.
As the main reason for my visit to Comitán were the "Lagos de Montebello" (Lakes of Montebllo), I directly headed to the next bus terminal in order to arrive there as soon as possible. Not one more night in Comitán, please!
The lakes indeed were super nice.
They are located directly at the border with Guatemala, and it is even possible to cross the border and do some steps on Guatemalan ground.
As it is a really wide-spread area with numerous lakes, I shared a driver with two Mexican ladies.
They were super excited about how "Mexican" I already was. Hmmm, should I take this as a compliment?!
We tried some regional signature dishes (decent), got some pretty shots of the lakes, even boarded a boat in order to visit a small island... and at noon I was back in Comitán and managed to catch the last bus - back to Veracruz, my favourite state.
... oh and in case you wondered why in the video in the last post I alked about taking pictures of a "naked woman" ... here you are - X-rated ;-)
And to finish this post, another recent video, namely of the business conference I attended yesterday... or well, a 20 second shot of the plaza in front of the center:
No comments:
Post a Comment