| Quiahuiztlán is considered Mexico's Machu Picchu - without the tourists. |
Already in the bus, I felt how I got more and more sick. Man, I felt so weak. Perfect start.
| Ghost houses. |
Dunno why, for some reason, many of my travels start with illness. But then again, I always gather so much energy from the fact that I'm travelling and that I therefore want to see as much as possible, that I always recover super quick (well, and H. pushed me a little).
| Villa Rica, Latin America's second oldest Spanish settlement, lies near the country's only nuclear power plant. Very calming... |
The next morning we then went to Villa Rica (the second oldest Spanish settlement in Latin America) and Quiahuiztlán (which is considered Mexico's Machu Picchu). Despite their impressiveness, it is totally not touristy.
| Enjyoing fish and coconut on the beach. |
After we returned from "Machu Picchu", we headed to the beach of Villa Rica (we waited on the street for 30 minutes to flag down a bus, and then the driver told us that it was actually a 3 minute walk... ups).
We had some tasty fish and seafood and then returned to Cardel. The next day, just before departure, we went to the recommendation of the locals - the seafood restaurant "La Bamba" (just as personal reminder for me in case I want to return).
And to finish this post with something a bit more recent, here are two photos and two videos which I made some days ago. During the weekends I'm normally in Mexico City to visit H. As for some reason she does not have internet anymore in her apartment, I always work on my bachelor thesis in Latin America's second largest library - Libreria Vasconsclos. What an impressive design!
| Latin America's second largest library, Libreria Vasconcelos. |
Last time I had forgotten to take my iodine tablets with me to Mexico City. So H. insisted to eat fish and also cooked some dishes with plenty of algae, to ensure I got enough of iodine. Super tasty "feast noodles"!
| Korean "Feast Noodles" |
Oh, and actually I have a third pic: Spring is coming! Awesome smell!
And as promised - two videos. During the last weeks, I felt like living in a war zone. Always the sound of massive shootings. The reason: Some guys really seem to enjoy to start fireworks - every day and night and for hours. It has to be said that Mexicans for some reason seem to prefer heavy and ear-splitting firecrackers instead of beautiful rockets. Yesterday, I left with my roomie A.-S. to see, who annoyed us for such a long time already. I took with me my camera and so here you are - some impressions of Cholula by night...
Number 1:
... and Number 2:
No comments:
Post a Comment