Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sexual stereotyping

In a macho country like Mexico sexual stereotyping seems to be still very common. Just discovered this story on a package of refried beans:
My personal touch of Isadora*
The other day the friends of my husband arrived unexpectedly to watch football. And me without having prepared anything! So I opened a pack of my Isadora refried beans, diluted them with 2 cups of water and... ready! The best salsa for Enfrijoladas**! That's why my personal touch is Isadora.
I leave it up to you to judge this advertisement...

*Isadora is the brand name
**Enfrijoladas are tortillas in bean sauce

1 comment:

  1. ...your blog got a new layout - yay! I like the change :) And I am glad to hear that you have finally found some "good" food / food that you like in Mexico!

    It seems strange though that none of the Mexicans you've met so far knows horseradish. I am sure you can still buy it there somewhere though, right?

    ReplyDelete

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico