Sunday, December 8, 2013

Second Sunday in Advent

As I'm still in season of final exams (while all my mates have already finished *grml*), also this Sunday just some random pics and stories.

First: I don't want to be mean, but two of my roomies really remind me of Laurel and Hardy. One is a bit, let's say, well-built, the other a bit... well you know, which part of Laurel and Hardy is missing. Both are really nice guys and good-hearted. If they only turned on their brains a bit more often... 

Very excited they told me how they had found some abandonded, recently born kittens in a manhole on campus. They asked me if I was interested in joining them to the veterinarian, and I was about to pose a question, when one of my class mates came by and I talked to him because of the coming exam. So my roomies rushed away and they were gone. What I wanted to ask them was:
"How do you know that somebody abandonded them on campus? A manhole could be a decent lair for them, waiting for their mother".

Yap. They return from the vet and of course he had asked them the very same question. They looked like a dying duck in a thunderstorm. Of course they wanted to do good, but instead they had stolen the babies. Because it was totally obvious that they were NOT abandonded. So for one night we had some cat orphans in our suite, heartbreakingly crying for their mom, and not satisfied at all by the special kitten milk in the baby bottle.







 The next morning they searched the mother and according to them they succeeded, but she didn't want the babies anymore... So when my roomie left to his home to spend his vacations there, he took the babies with him and is now looking for a loving foster home. Interested anyone?

Totally other topic: Got some more yellow sapote, as described in my last post. Delish as the first one. Awesome!

 Finally, today was a vintage car exposition on campus. Many German exhibits, too.







Alongside one could buy the newest models of Honda. I asked my roomie what this had to do with vintage and he looked at me and said: "Well, it's Mexico and it's UDLAP. Everything has a reason. You didn't think the exposition was just for fun, did you?! The university has an agreement with Honda, and this is a decent way to do some advertisement." Oh man, commerce everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the author

German student, studying for two years at UDLAP in Cholula, Mexico